Computer Vision/Machine Learning Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
$150,000 - $180,000/year
This very successful company, with no means to slow down, offers the latest innovations from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. This organization has a research lab here in the Bay Area focused on researching and developing novel and disruptive vision-based products and platform solutions that work for real customers. These vision-based solutions coming out of this unit will be an important component of the company's vision for Automotive, IoT, Robotics and connected services.
As part of the Product and Services team that focuses on making innovative products and services that serve real needs of real customers, the right candidate will join an experienced, multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers and product managers to design and develop AI-enabled vision-oriented products and solutions that help predict, personalize and transform lifestyles through the company's global presence among different vertical segments. The work may also go beyond computer vision into other AI disciplines as project scopes increase. The candidate is expected to be well versed in computer vision fundamentals, with a solid AI background. While the work will involve proof of concepts, we may require some aspects of research work as part of our innovation initiatives. Engineers will work on challenging problems around machine learning and perception, design novel experiments, create prototype implementations, and deliver products with cutting edge technologies that work for real customers.
As the Computer Vision/Machine Learning Software Engineer you will:
- Work on novel, ground-breaking and AI/machine learning/deep learning based disruptive solutions that start with computer vision and may move towards other related domains like NLP.
- Quickly bring up new hardware and systems into play that integrate with AI vision algorithms and data pipelines, as our focus will be on quick prototyping, and feedback from customers.
- Design and implement specific algorithms around vision that will start as off the shelf components but will require tweaking at the minimum, and may require rewrites, or new concepts, as requirements may keep changing. Deep learning techniques are expected to play a key part for this profile. The candidate is expected to be reading papers/journals and learning while designing.
- Create quick Proof of Concepts (POC) and project ownership around projects. POCs should help build rich deep learning experience for the organization, which can then be leveraged for the development of real world projects.
- End to end hands-on ownership of a new vision-based platform deployable across various projects and domain areas.
YOUR BACKGROUND AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- MS or Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering focused on computer vision, machine learning, robotics, or artificial intelligence with 2 - 3 years of experience.
- Strong Experience in TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks around vision (like Caffe, etc)
- Hands on coding with C/C++, Python, Lua, R, Matlab or any proficient AI language of choice
- Strong background in algorithms, probability theory, abstract analysis, optimization, linear systems, sensor fusion, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms is a plus
- Familiarity with system bring-up, application development, and new hardware architecture is essential as the company will be working across a range of new hardware (SOCs, GPUs) as part of early prototyping.
- Preferably worked on or delivered projects in deep learning, machine learning, computer vision, sensor fusion, pattern recognition, large scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- The candidate should preferably be reading papers around this area and should be up to date with state of the art in this area. Publications or projects in the broad area of machine learning demonstrating original thinking, problem solving approach and critical performance validation is an additional plus.
- A sense of ambition and passion to change the world using AI / Deep Learning.
- $150,000 - $180,000/year
- Great health, dental, and vision benefits
- You will be working with top researchers in the AI space to create innovative products
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Greg Deasy at Harnham via the Apply now link on this page.