The Production Manager is responsible for monitoring and guiding all production activities. He/she shall advise, control, and support operations to guarantee compliance with the Production Schedule, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Regulatory Laws, and SensoryEffects Powder Systems specifications, policies, and procedures. A general knowledge and understanding of SensoryEffects Powder Systems production processes and excellent communication skills are essential to the successful fulfillment of the position requirements. SensoryEffects Powder Systems practices team management requiring the position to function as coach and counselor as well as a key decision maker. In addition to operations support, the production manager will act as the back-up to the Plant Manager.
1. Personally follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
2. Ensures the safety of personnel and property by making sure that safety appliances are worn, that unsafe acts or conditions are not permitted to prevail, routinely inspects safety equipment, investigates any potential hazards and recommends corrective action.
3. Manage shift operations.
4. Ensure compliance to the production schedule at all times.
5. Determine efficient use of personnel, equipment, and supplies to achieve schedule.
6. Complete production reports.
7. Monitor all production operations on a regular basis; take corrective action when deviations from specifications are apparent; report problems and corrective actions to operations staff in a timely manner; observe production processes for compliance with written SOPs.
8. Communicate shift activities to Plant Manager daily.
9. Continuously audit personnel for compliance with policies and procedures.
10. Maintain contact with Plant Manager and Production Scheduler to plan staffing requirement.
11. Practice good communication skills and promote team-based decision making whenever possible.
12. Inform Maintenance Lead when major equipment repairs/supplies are needed.
13. Prepare and submit work orders in a timely manner.
14. Follow through with Maintenance Lead as to status of work orders.
15. Participate in team meetings; attend training programs as advised by Management Staff; provide coaching and advisory support to team meetings; participate in team meetings as an active member.
16. Set quarterly goals/objectives with Plant Manager.
17. Seek educational enrichment as part of your personal development process and inform manager of courses or seminars that support your objectives and maintain the ongoing effort of personal improvement.
18. Use time management tools to effectively monitor your daily activities.
19. Meet frequently with the Management Staff to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about your work, the company objectives, production performance, etc.
20. Comply with all policies and procedures of the Corporation.
21. The position requires sufficient time to accomplish the tasks leading to long days, weekends, and holiday work schedules. When plant production is operational on weekends and holidays, the Production Manager is expected to be available to work if needed. The ability to manage change and interruption is paramount to being successful in this role.
22. Performs other duties as needed.
At least a Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience with at least 5 years of experience in plant operations with at least 3-5 years of supervising the work of and coaching others.