Position Title: Service Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
Vermeer Great Plains is an authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri with five branch locations across the region. A 100% employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts, and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction, and mining industries.
The Service Technician is responsible for high quality and effective repair of equipment. Provides excellent customer service, maintains professionalism and ensures detailed records are accurate and up to date.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Service, repair, assemble, and recondition equipment as assigned by the service manager.
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
- Perform any inspections as required.
- Repair, service or assemble any machines.
- Maintains complete and detailed working records.
- Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines and equipment.
- Suggest any additional repairs needed to service manager and/or customer.
- Periodically review product bulletins.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in Employee Handbook.
- Help maintain cleanliness, neatness and safety of building and lot.
- Stay current with technical changes, continuing your education by factory service schools, etc.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of success determined by established company guidelines, including but not limited to repairs completed, ability to complete repairs, time required to complete repairs, feedback from customers, ability to take guidance and direction from Manager professionally, and execute upon such feedback.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training/certification preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience in the same or similar industry
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions. Strong current electronic diagnosing capabilities, works with minimal supervision, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt to the people and environment around them - customers, suppliers, co-workers and manufacturer''''s employees
- Owns and maintains personal tools and toolbox
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, diagnosing and calibration a plus
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and honestly at all times
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and noise level in working environment can be moderate to high
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving record required
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.